Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend

This weekend was the Sunset Junction festival, so we kind of felt stuck in our house. We decided not to go to it this year because it was incredibly hot. We actually have never been to it in the three years that we have lived in our apartment. We escaped the heat on Saturday by heading to the mall in Burbank. My husband bought some things to aid him in his new found passion, which is grilling, and I bought some work out clothes. I hate work out clothes. I would love to just work out in shorts and a tee shirt, or even sweatpants and a tee shirt. But the people at my gym dress so nicely in their matching work out gear and I don't want to feel any more self conscious than I already do, so I wear black spandexy things and tank tops. I hate working out. But I hate being pudgy even more.
Sunday we went to see Superbad. My husband laughed more than I've ever seen him laugh in a movie. I really enjoyed it too. It was funny and sweet and refreshingly not misogynistic. Michael Cera is adorable in this movie. Are there any movies of this genre with female leads? I couldn't think of any. Some funny ladies should write one.
Last night I couldn't sleep and I started watching some Lifetime series with Jason Priestly (who I adored on 90210). I had to keep the volume down and I couldn't really follow what was going on, plus Priestly is not so much fun to look at these days. Anyway, it got me thinking about all the Lifetime movies that I've enjoyed in the past and why they don't just run those all the time, instead of the crappy series that always seem to be on. Some of my favorites: The Betty Broderick Story - actually, pretty much anything with Meredith Baxter Birney is alright by me. Except for the one she did with Swoosie Kurtz - Swoosie's daughter sleep with Meredith's husband - that one was not so good. The Ted Bundy one with Mark Harmon - that was fantastic, the one about the Hillside Stranglers is pretty good too. Oh, and the Valerie Bertinelli movie in which she tries to get custody of her sister's baby after her brother in law murders her? Brilliant.

No comments: