Saturday, January 17, 2009

35 Weeks Major Sweet Tooth

Is this normal? I have been craving sweets like nobody's business. I was told that these last weeks you aren't really that hungry and might even lose weight. I highly doubt that is happening. I am eating healthily, but I am also indulging in sweets almost daily. The thought of something, such as ice cream or a donut, gets into my head and I can hardly stand it. I have been eating as much fruit as I can to replace a yearning for full on sweets. Or having a yogurt. But it's so difficult! Since I've been warned about the potential size of my baby I am concerned about eating too many carbs.
Our doula stopped by for her final visit this past Thursday and commented on my unusual pregnancy belly shape. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but my belly button never popped out. That part of my belly remains flat. I thought maybe it had something to do with having an anterior placenta, but the doula said that it might mean that the baby is posterior. I don't really think that is the case because I'm pretty sure that I can feel the baby's butt and back on the right side of my stomach. But I'm going to ask the Dr. on Tuesday.
Our Bradley class tonight is about breast feeding. I'm looking forward to it and I hope they will have good information about what kind of pump will work best for me, since I'll be home with the baby for six months.

No comments: