Thursday, January 24, 2008

Birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a very nice day. My sister gave me a day at the spa with her at some point. Now we have to figure out what spa to go to. B brought me the most beautiful flowers from Gilly, which is here in Silver Lake. He also told me that I can choose between a Gocco and a sewing machine. I am going to have to think long and hard about that one. I want both! But I am leaning toward a sewing machine. That way I can start quilting. I have to find a class to take.
We went to dinner with friends at Chichen Itza, which is a very good, not so popular restaurant near MacArthur Park. It was raining, and the restaurant was completely dead, but I still enjoyed myself. Tomorrow we are going to Table 8 to have the famous grilled cheese with pulled short rib sandwich (We had our reservations way before the Oprah mention!).
Another nice thing yesterday was the arrival of my first items I ordered from Boden, a catalogue and online shop that I first learned of on DesignMom (I think). I ordered the Double Layer Tshirt in scoop neck and vneck and they are great. I love the fit and quality of both. Then I also ordered the Dotted Button Down, which was too big. I ordered all of the shirts in the same size, so I don't know what that means, but the sizes are UK sizes and you have to figure out your US size. It seems pretty easy to exchange and when I called today to ask a question, the woman on the phone was very nice and took my exchange order and waived my shipping fee, since it was an exchange. Overall, I am very happy.

No comments: