Thursday, October 2, 2008

Body Image

I've noticed that pregnancy has completely changed the way I feel about my body. Normally I'm really self conscious about it and would rather die that show anyone my body between my knees and my shoulders. I avoided tight clothing and drawing attention to my body in general. Now that I'm pregnant, I couldn't care less about who sees my stomach and I have been wearing tight fitting tshirts without a care in the world. This is all rather recent in my pregnancy - once I decided that I actually looked pregnant and not just chubby. I still have yet to be asked by a stranger if I am expecting, but I think that will be coming up soon.
The other day I went out to eat with a friend who hadn't seen me in a while and I was wearing a bigger tshirt, so I stopped in the parking lot of the restaurant and lifted up my shirt so she could see my belly. I didn't care if anyone else saw because I'm pregnant and who cares? This is something I would have never done in a million years before. Same thing goes for touching my stomach in public. I have been doing it all over the place. I can't help it.
It is all rather liberating.

No comments: