Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cold

Ugh, I've had this cold since Friday and I really thought I'd be better today. I even kept my appointment at the gym, thinking I'd wake up today and feel refreshed and ready to work out. Did not happen. I woke up and realized that I'd have to cancel. Then I got back in bed and stayed there until 1 pm. So lazy! But I really do feel better now. Tomorrow I have a list of all the things to do that I didn't get done while I was congested and coughing and feeling crappy.
I did some research online and read that it is okay to take Sudafed when you have a cold while pregnant, but only the Sudafed behind the pharmacy counter, not the Sudafed PE available on the shelf. Apparently it has something to do with the new formulas that had to be created because of the meth cookers who were buying Sudafed to make methamphetamine. Interesting. I managed to not take any medication. I told myself it really wasn't that bad and I'd survive, which I did, of course. I treated myself to tons of Snapple Diet Peach Iced Tea to keep hydrated. I figure that can't be too bad for the baby.
Speaking of the baby, and when am I not, really, no one seems to be satisfied with the size of my pregnant belly. That doesn't help my feelings considering that I've gained so much weight. But a few mom friends of mine pointed out that it is really to my advantage, since my body won't go through as much stress if I'm not stretching out in all directions. So I try to focus on that. Also, I spoke to my pregnant friend and she too had a large weight gain last month. Not as much as me, but enough that she was shocked. I go back to the doctor in two weeks and I am worried that I will have gained a lot again since I have been unable to work out while sick. I'm going to make an effort to get to the pool everyday as soon as I feel 100% well. I don't want to push myself.

No comments: