Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trip!


We went on a great trip to Sedona and The Grand Canyon last week. I did tire myself out a bit hiking and walking a lot, but we just went to bed early each night. I had my first stranger acknowledgement of my pregnancy on the trip, but I have to add the caveat that I was rubbing my belly at the time. I still think that I am carrying in such a way that people are not sure if I am pregnant or just chubby - at this point I am both! My friend, who is pregnant and about three weeks behind me, sent pictures of herself and she looks so pregnant. Her belly sticks straight out from her belly button, whereas mine has not gotten that high yet - I am not sure that it will.


Smoke Tree Resort - A great little motel in the Scottsdale area. We drove there and stayed over on our first leg of the trip. The motel as been completely redone and the rooms are very nice and the staff could not be friendlier.

El Portal - We stayed at this inn in Sedona. The owners were very nice and helpful and we just loved the inn. Our room, #11, was decorated in an arts and crafts style and had a balcony that looked over the inn's pretty courtyard and had views of the Red Rocks.

Yavapai Lodge - This is where we stayed at the Grand Canyon. It was the only hotel within the part that had availability when we made our reservations. It is not at the rim, which we really didn't have a problem with, since it is minutes away. I had some concerns about what we would find upon arrival, but I was very happy with our room. It was basic, but very clean. We had an issue with the heat not working, but they brought us a space heater and we had no problems after that.

No comments: