Saturday, October 18, 2008

23 Weeks

I went to the Dr. this week and stepped on the scale. I then asked the nurse how much I'd gained since the last time I was there. She consulted my chart and gave me an enormous number without any editorial comment or anything. I was left sitting on the chair in shock as she handed me my glucose test drink for my next appointment and began giving me directions on what to do for the test. I barely heard anything. I just stared at her. Luckily, the directions are also written on the bottle.
I don't weigh myself at home. I just eat well and exercise and wait until my appointments to find out how much I've gained. They don't comment on your weight gain at my Dr.'s office. They just take your weight and tell you not to worry about it, just eat healthy. So that's what I've been doing. I can't figure out how I managed to gain so much weight. I talked to the Dr. about it and he said just to watch my carbs. So I've been trying to be extra careful. I am also going to weigh myself Monday morning, just in case the nurse misunderstood me and told me my total weight gain as opposed to my monthly gain.



No comments: