Wednesday, September 3, 2008

17 weeks

I think I'm at 17 weeks. I'm really not sure. I've lost track. Luckily I go to the Dr. tomorrow, so he can clear that up for me. I am also going to have to ask him about the weird, unpleasant dreams I've been having. No, not the fun sex ones that I've been told about, just borderline disturbing dreams that have nothing to do with the baby or anyone I know really. I looked this up and apparently I'm not falling into deep enough sleep so I am dreaming more and remembering more. It stinks. Also unpleasant is the weird thing that happened to the skin on my nipples. TMI, I'm sure, but it was gross. I sloughed it off with a washcloth and things seem to be back to normal now. I thought that the second trimester was going to be so great but, after a week of feeling better, I felt really crappy over the three-day weekend. And all this I've heard about the second trimester and a raging libido? I still have a whole bunch of time in the second trimester, so who knows what will happen, but I'm kind of sick of hearing how great the second trimester is. And is it true that I shouldn't be sleeping on my back?
Anyway, in non pregnancy news we went to see Radiohead at the Hollywood Bowl and it was the best show I've ever seen them perform. I'm very glad that I went, since I'd been kind of on the fence about it. Also during that show, B put his hand inside my sweatshirt pocket and said, "Oh, wow!" because over the past week or so, my stomach has really popped out. I'm very happy that I bought those maternity items.
Speaking of, those Bella Bands that I bought are the greatest things ever! Even if they don't continue to work throughout the pregnancy, making it possible for me to wear my prepregnancy clothes during this part of my pregnancy makes them totally worth it.
Here is my belly from this week. The first is how it looks normally and the second one is what it looks like when I suck everything in and the baby part just sticks out. Makes me laugh every time.

No comments: