Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Vote!

As soon as the man comes to measure the wall for the new screen door, I am heading out to vote. I am voting for Barack Obama and will be anxious to see the results of this Super Tuesday.



On a completely different subject, I love Buffalo Chicken - Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches and Salads being my favorite. I am not a fan of wings, but I just love the sauce. The other day I saw Frank's Hot Wing sauce at the grocery store, so I bought it along with some Chunky Blue Cheese dressing. I played around with a few variables before coming up with my new favorite food:

Buffalo Chicken Salad
Coat your chicken breast(s) in a mixture that is 2:1 chili powder and paprika. Then put a little bit of oil into a pan and cook the breast(s) over medium heat about five minutes per side (may take longer depending on your stove's heat and the thickness of the breast(s)).
When the chicken is done remove it from heat and set aside. In a saucepan melt 1 tbsp of butter (this is kind of optional, but it does make it taste extra good) and add the hot sauce (you decide how much). Remove from heat.
Slice the chicken into thin strips and put them into the pot with the hot sauce to coat the strips.
To make the salad part, I use spinach but most recipes call for iceberg. I chop carrots and celery and add frozen corn kernals that I warm up in the microwave.
I add the blue cheese dressing (about 1.5 tbsp per serving) and toss the salad components together, then add the chicken strips on the top.
Tada! Buffalo Chicken Salad! You can put it in a tortilla and you have a Buffalo Chicken Wrap, also delicious.
While it is my new favorite food, I may not be eating it for a while because I have overdosed on it this past week. I brought it with me to my sister's for the Super Bowl because she was serving hot dogs and I am trying to watch what I eat and if you control the amount of blue cheese dressing that you use, it's not a bad meal. Hello run on sentence.

No comments: