Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rory!

I went to Subway today and as I was pulling into the parking lot I saw a girl getting out of her car and I thought to myself, "That girl looks like Rory Gilmore." I parked and got on line for my sandwich and a couple of people got in line behind me. I took some time debating whether or not to drink a soda, I've been trying to give up soda all together, caved and took a Coke Zero out of the refrigerator. The girl behind me reached into the refrigerator and pulled out a juice, saying "I'm trying not to drink soda." I had to do everything I could to keep myself from turning around to take a look because I knew from the voice that it was Alexis Bledel.


I live in Los Angeles and I see actors quite frequently and I'm sort of jaded about it and I rarely get excited about it, but I was so thrilled to be standing in line in front of Ms. Bledel because I loved the Gilmore Girls and I loved Rory. I don't really want to talk about the last season, or how bad it got after that guy took over from the original creator, but at least Rory didn't marry that awful boyfriend.
Anyway, it was fun to see her. She is adorable and was very nice to the staff at Subway and was dressed a little hipstery, but not too much so. It was a good sighting. Oh, and she drives a Volvo. I love her even more for that.

No comments: