Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Paris

I have been away on a last minute trip to Paris for work. It was quite nice. I didn't get to do too much because I was working, but I managed to get out of the hotel and walk around a bit. The best part was that our hotel was right near the Laduree on Champs D'Elysees. I have never eaten so many wonderful macaroons. I went there every day and ordered a small box. The line was very long on Valentine's Day, but I still braved it and managed to order in French and convince them that I was fluent in French - until the credit card machine stopped working. Credit card machines were not covered in my high school French class or my college French classes, so I had to admit that I spoke English much better than my French. It wasn't a problem and all was taken care of. My favorite flavor? Cassis violette. Yum!



Since I was away for Valentine's Day, B had to cancel the reservations he'd made at Comme Ca. I have been dying to go there, so he rescheduled for the Monday after my return, which was Presidents' Day and B had the day off. So we went and had a lovely lunch. I ordered the Steak Frites, which I really liked. I don't know if I would have liked the fries on their own, not enough salt for me, but they were perfect in the steak juice. B ordered the Cheeseburger and it was divine. I made him give me one quarter of it. I will definitely be back. Besides the food being fantastic, the decor is quite nice too. I am going to keep it in mind when I have a kitchen to decorate some day.
Speaking of a kitchen and some day, after lunch B and I went driving a bit. We checked out Montrose, which I suppose is part of Glendale. It was cute, but quite far away. Then we went to Eagle Rock, which is quickly becoming my favorite neighborhood. We have seen a number of houses that we would be happy living in and the blocks above Colorado have peaked B's interest greatly. Would I feel isolated out there? It's not that far, really, but it feels like another world. Oh, but how would I love a yard and available street parking and quiet! Hmm.

No comments: