Friday, November 16, 2007

Good Results

I went to the doctor earlier in the week and they took blood to run all sorts of tests on. Turns out that I have excellent cholesterol levels and my liver and kidneys are functioning just fine. However, my thyroid is doing something weird that "may portend" low thyroid function. I have to have another blood test in three months. I'm not concerned about it. In fact, I had a feeling that my thyroid isn't up to par, since it is always so difficult for me to stay thin. I had voiced this concern to B, but he always laughed and said I was paranoid. So ha!
The doctor also forced tons of prenatal vitamins on me and gave me a quick, but highly detailed, talked about trying to conceive a baby. I told her that my not being on birth control didn't really mean that we were going to be having a baby soon, but she didn't seem to believe me. I don't remember what she told me, really, just something about trying on day 10, 12, and 14. I'll have to keep that in mind when the time comes.

No comments: