Monday, July 7, 2008

All is Well

I didn't exercise for a week and I headed to my new obstetrician's office last Thursday. He is really great, I'll call him Dr. K. I asked him all of my questions and he answered thoroughly and kindly. He is open to anything I want, as long as the baby and I are healthy. He says he rarely does episiotomies, which is great, and I just liked him in general. So we are not going to interview any more and I've gotten over my midwife consideration. Same for the idea of a waterbirth. Maybe for the next one. Dr. K said that I probably don't even need a doula, which are quite popular here in Los Angeles.
I had an ultrasound and Dr. K said things looked excellent and that I had a little bleed area, which would explain the spotting, but which is completely normal. I am okay'd to exercise, which I did today and man, do I not have the same stamina as before!
I asked the doctor if it was ok to start telling people and he said that once you see the heart beat and all looks good, then your chance of miscarriage drops to 2%. I can't remember what the original risk percentage was. I told my sister and then we told some friend at a 4th of July BBQ. I'm going to slowly start telling people, but I don't really want to come right out with it until after I tell my mom, which will be in about three weeks.
Meanwhile, I am feeling fat, tired and nauseaus. I haven't thrown up at all, but I need to keep food in my stomach or I get really queasy. I cried a bit yesterday because I was feeling sorry for myself. It is hard to be sick and tired for a while and also not be able to tell anyone about it.

No comments: