Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Double Lines!

On Sunday we finally broke down and bought a pregnancy test. Then I said that we were going to wait until Wednesday before I left, so that I would know if I was pregnant and not sit through a wedding without drinking for no reason. But then B didn't want to wait and read on the box that the test was pretty accurate even before a missed period, so I went ahead and peed on that little stick.
I was very surprised at how quickly both lines appeared. I was prepared for those agonizing minutes that they make you wait through on tv and in the movies.
So I am currently, supposedly, pregnant. Yay. My boobs feel like lead balloons and I have taken to wearing supportive, lined bras instead of the very flimsy ones I used to wear. I get randomly hungry and feel bloated, but that's about it.
I was thinking that I was on my third week, since I think we conceived around May 25th, but after reading a bit I think we may be on our fifth week of pregnancy, but the fetus is only on it's third week. It's odd how they count it like that.
Anyway, still haven't told anyone except my friend in Europe and my gym trainer. I had to tell my trainer so she could modify my workouts. I work out with my sister, so I hope she doesn't pick up on things. Wouldn't be the end of the world if she did, but I'd like to be able to keep it a secret until we are at 12 weeks and I've thought of some fun way to surprise her with the news.

No comments: