Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I Am Scared of My Prenatal Vitamins

I am not pregnant, but when I went to my last gynecologist appointment in November, she told me that I should start on prenatal vitamins, since we were going to start trying in the Spring. She gave me a few sample boxes and I figured that I would try them in January.
I have never been so constipated in my life. I asked my friend who already has kids and she said that this tends to happen, but that I should get one with a stool softener and that would fix the problem. I was too embarrassed to tell her that the one I was taking did have a stool softener. I suffered through all fifteen pills and then stopped taking them. That fixed the problem. I got my prescription filled and said I'd start them up again the next month.
It is now April and I have not taken another one of them. I am scared of them.
But I am going to have to start taking them because B and I said that we'd start trying in May and it is now early April. I'm having second thoughts about starting in May because I have to be in my friend's wedding in June. I don't want to be sick or fat and in my friend's wedding.
Or am I just scared of getting pregnant? And do I have to take these prenatals, or can I just wait until I get pregnant and start taking them?

No comments: