Thursday, April 10, 2008

Apparently, Most of Us Are Diseased

I went to Barnes and Noble today to buy a book on fertility. I first searched for it in the Pregnancy and Childbirth section before heading to ask at the Customer Service desk. The man who was helping me also headed to the Pregnancy and Childbirth section to find the book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." After we still couldn't find it, he said he'd go and check the computer again. He returned to tell me that the book was in the health section, so we walked over there. We didn't see it under Health, which actually seemed to be taken over by the Diet section, so he moved over to the next row of bookshelves, and there the book was, right under the sign that read "Diseases." I laughed and said, "I didn't realize fertility was a disease." To which he replied, "I guess it all depends on how you feel about children."

No comments: