Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Doings

Over the weekend we went to see "My Kid Could Paint That." It is about a child who, at three-years-old, started painting and was declared a prodigy by some people and her work started selling for thousands of dollars. Then "60 Minutes" came on the scene and declared it all a hoax. I have to say that I fall into the disbeliever camp, but I don't feel too bad about it because people got over the scandal and the child is still selling art. I would recommend this documentary.
We watched "The Dead Girl" the other night because Netflix sent it to us. I didn't really like it. Some parts were ok, but I just can't stand Brittany Murphy these days (though I loved her in "Girl, Interrupted") and she was in the final part and that just left a bad taste. I saw a photo of her and her husband the other day online and was reminded of all of the crap that he is accused of by ex girlfriends. What kind of crazy is that?
I really wish that we knew a lot less about actors these days. I don't want to know anything about their personal life. I want to enjoy the fantasy. The other day a girlfriend told me some unsavory things about Milo whatever from "Heroes" and I was just depressed. I don't watch "Heroes", but I loved him on "The Gilmore Girls," and I think he is extremely handsome. I want to be able to look at him and not think of him as an abusive boyfriend or creepy 30-year-old dating an 18-year-old.
I enjoyed seeing Rose Byrne from "Damages" in "The Dead Girl." We've been watching "Damages" and I can't decide if I actually like it or not. I find Glen Close's character a little hard to take. I find it hard to look at her face without wondering what exactly has been done to it. Anyway, I am interested in seeing where the story ends up. This week's episode was pretty good.
I managed to go to The Container Store in Pasadena yesterday, even with only 25 cents on me - which gave me 12 minutes to rush to the store from my parking spot and purchase two containers to combat clutter in my bathroom and on my bedside table. The one for the bathroom is really a file folder, but it was the only box tall enough and thin enough to fit on the back of my toilet and hold lotion bottles. Next I am going to buy this and my bathroom redesign will be complete. I know that it is super trendy, but with my anxiety issues it really appeals to me. I want it badly.

No comments: