Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This Waiting is Ridiculous!

I am now on day three past my due date and nothing is happening. It is quite frustrating, even though I know that most first time moms go past their due dates by 8 days. Other people I know who were due later than me in February already have their babies! But I also know one woman who was recently induced. I prefer not to be induced, so I am trying to get things going by doing everything I can.
On Sunday we went to eat a salad in the Valley that is supposed to bring on labor. About three hours later I started having contractions. It lasted on and off all night, but Monday morning it was all gone. I feel very premenstrual, but the cramping is not really happening. We went to the Dr. yesterday and I am 2+cm dilated. He strongly suggested that I let him strip my membranes. At first I said no, but then the Dr. brought it up again and I decided to let him do it. It did not hurt as much as I thought it would, it was mainly just very uncomfortable. He said that it may increase the chance of my water breaking and he seemed to think that it would start my labor soon. Nothing has happened.
I am thinking of going to have that salad again today.

No comments: