Friday, April 23, 2010

14 Months

Oi! The yelling! The pointing and yelling! The screaming and crying! All of it is killing me. But in between, Ace is still the sweet little guy that I've come to know and love. I know that he is just frustrated because he can't communicate at the level he'd like to. I'd be peeved too. But sometimes, when I'm running on empty and trying everything to make him happy and all I get is some kicking and screaming and crying, it's just too much. I know, I know, this is not about me. I am an adult and he is a child, but seriously, it can be hard.
I think there may be some teething going on in there as well.
In more delightful news, Ace is coming out of his shell a bit on the playground, getting braver and braver around other kids. He is standing on his own, but not walking, but has taken a step here or there when forced by his mom or dad. He is still playful and funny, loves hand play, such as the Itsy Bitsy Spider and No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed - especially the finger shaking "and the doctor said..." part. He is getting bigger all the time. I just had to clean out his clothes again and a few pairs of pants only got a few wears before being sent to the storage bins.
His eating habits have gotten a bit weird. He does not like meat. Not at all. But he'll eat Boca Burgers and the occasional chicken nugget. As long as it involves dipping in ketchup. He loves dipping. He does not like vegetables anymore. I put broccoli and spinach and tomato sauce in the Cuisinart and he'll eat that on rotini. He does eat fruit, he loves fruit. Bananas in particular, he'll eat two or three a day. He also loves Goldfish crackers, but I am trying to keep that to a minimum (as I indulge myself while I write this).
I found a job teaching first grade and am really excited for it. I only have eight full time students, so that is just crazy. I start in the fall. Ace starts daycare in a week and I have started getting a little anxious about the best way to start him. Do I stay with him for an hour or so, until he gets used to the caretakers? Or do I make sure he's settled and then leave?

No comments: